Students can apply for grants to enhance their project/thesis research.
Research/Travel Grants can be used to support:
- Travel (transportation and housing) related to project/thesis research
- Travel (transportation and housing) to conferences related to the student's project/thesis research, either as a participant or a presenter
- Other expenses directly related to the student's project/thesis research
- Research/Travel Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. Students must apply for the grant in advance of the travel or expense
- Grants are limited to $1,000. A student may apply for the grant once per fiscal year (July 1-June 30)
- To apply, students should submit the following to the director at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Description of project and the impact it will have on the student's research
- Detailed budget
- Recommendation from advisor (submitted separately by advisor)
- Within two weeks of the expense or conclusion of travel, the grant recipient must present original receipts to the MALS office along with a report summarizing their research activities and the impact of the experience on their research.